Sunday 16 October 2011

hat's off to you Jude

 On Wednesday night Mr Jude Law stepped out to promote his new film 360 making a big fashion statement wearing a trilby hat with his grey suit. Personally I am a massive fan of Jude's sense of style and of this throw back to the 50s Hollywood glamour look for which he totally nails.
  I only caught these pictures of Jude on Friday night as I was looking through empire.com but on Wednesday morning something freaky happened that relates to this subject. As I was walking past Brooks Brothers in the city of London, a gentleman shot out of the exit wearing a dark charcoal wool two button suit, red knit tie, bit of stubble and wait for it... a trilby hat! At the time I really thought "hey, that guy looked super cool" and after seeing  Jude bust this look its making me think maybe I should follow suit???

   I found these potential targets in Reiss and Paul Smith. I really am feeling this look on a grey miserable autumn / winter day paired with suit, overcoat and my driving gloves.

No comments: