Thursday 5 January 2012

the new edition of GQ

 If you haven't purchased the new edition of GQ yet I suggest you do so as its top notch this month! I am a big fan of the British men's publication but I'm the first to admit that some months it does go cold but in this issue its packed to the rim with great men's fashion and content. First off the cover, in which up and coming Irish actor Michael Fassbender takes part in a fantastic photo shoot wearing Armani and Gucci. He is also wearing the shirt of the moment from Smyth & Gibson.
 Also there is a great feature article on one of my style icons for whom I just recently posted on, Lapo Elkann. In this piece you'll get more of an insight into the crazy world he lives in and has created for himself as well as his past. Also there is a great quote from Sir Tom ford in there about why Lapo is a style icon.
 The Omega seamaster planet ocean co-axial chrono. After seeing this beauty in GQ, I have to say this is my new favourite watch!
 One of the things I always look out for in GQ is when designers advertise their new season campaigns. In this issue we have Pradas new poster boy, actor Micheal Pitt taking over from Tobey Maguire as well as Yves Saint Laurent, Burberry, Zegna, Gucci and Bottega Veneta. My Favourite designers Dolce and Gabbana have seem to have gone in a different direction with their family portrait showcasing women swear and menswearr together for their new campaign. Personally I prefer seeing the Dolce "rat pack" boys of Gandy, Mills and Senn on show but I'm sure it will grow on me.
Finally Fashion editor Giorgina Waltier goes about her normal business of cherry picking some great pieces for her Men's fashion picks for this month. This includes some mega cool Tom Ford shades, Dr martens brogues, pastel shirts and the new adidas originals range with an archive collection of past team GB leisurewear. I'm looking forward to seeing more of that range as I'm a massive adidas junkie!

No comments: