Tuesday 25 June 2013

My week at LCM: Dolce & Gabbana presentation

The past 4 weeks have been pretty hectic to say the least so please excuse the lack of chat from my end. So as I'd previously mentioned, I attended the Dolce & Gabbana presentation to open their newly renovated Bond Street home and to kick off London Collections:Men for SS14. Wow!.. That's pretty much all I could say after witnessing a master class from my heroes in putting on the intimate showcase. If it wasn't intimidating enough being amongst the fashion media and retail elite it didn't help being six foot away from one of my style icons Mr David Gandy. And yes ladies and gentleman he is as ridiculously good looking in the flesh as you've seen on the side of buses in his white trunks. After a couple of glasses of bubbly (this was going to be a common theme over the next three days) we made our way up the grand winding staircase to be seated around the top floor for the SS14 presentation. As a massive DG fan I have to say I wasn't disappointed. The models made their way one by one up the staircase and around the floor lead by Oliver Cheshire all suited to the nines and sporting thick square framed specs. The models were walking through to the sound of live opera singers and orchestra to create the desired Italian ambiance. This was the Dolce that I had grown up on; Sharp tailoring, real masculinity and touches of Italian finesse. There was also some obligatory cheekiness from the guys as they showed two print tees of Prince William and Kate Middleton in a kind of Cool Britannia arty creation. After the show I ventured to the lower ground floor to see the amazing instalment of the tailoring floor. The word luxury doesn't do it justice. Original furniture from the 19th century, exquisite detailing and a general aesthetic that would not look out of place across the road at Savile Row. A special mention to former rugby player turned model Thom Evans as he slotted into the Dolce model 'rat pack' like he'd been amongst it for years. Always like a model to be in the "mans man" mould a la David Gandy or Adam Senn. Oh and a final mention on my formal stance for the evening. Went for a separate put together. Nothing too formal but just right to stand amongst the distinguished stylish crowd and make my own statement. Obviously Mr Dolce and Mr Gabbana must of had a similar stylish ponder as they dressed their staff in Separates also.






















No comments: