Saturday 8 June 2013

Emmett's made to measure shirt service

For Christmas I treated the old man to an appointment to get a made to measure shirt put together by Brit shirt making masters Emmett. Finally my Dad and I had some time off that didn't conflict with each others schedules, so I went with him to meet the expect of the made to measure service Christopher Field.

Like the tailoring service, Christopher started off with the measurements he needed to form the core foundation of the shirt. My father has had his mind set on a Piccadilly shirt in white so we next looked at fabric options. With obvious sustainability in mind he picked an Oxford fabric in white which was surprisingly lightweight. Then after cuffs, collar and button specifics it was on to the subject of monogrammed initials for which my Dad was a little reluctant. For me it had to be done! Can come across brash and always makes me think of the power suits of Wall street but after a persuasive push he went with the idea. So in 5/6 weeks when the shirt arrives back from Italy, my pops will have his very own crafted Piccadilly collar shirt.

Can't recommend this service enough and Christopher's manor and expertise were on another level in making my Dad's made to measure experience a pleasant one.

www.emmettlondon.com













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting piece, how do I get in contact with Christopher Field as in the market for some bespoke shirts?