Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sorry Amir, Wayne and Andy

I don't regard myself as the type of blogger who goes after someone for in my opinion dressing badly or making the odd fashion faux pas. But as a stylist I feel I also need to make you guys aware of certain mistakes fellas in the spotlight are making whether their being dressed by someone or not. So with my gaze over the VIP seats at Wimbledon I noticed a few offenders. First on the list is Amir Khan and at first glance he looks decent in a pastel red suit. But under further inspection it's not too good. First of all ladies and gents when it comes to a belt, I believe it should be seen and not heard. As soon I laid eyes on Khan's Hermes buckle, my ears popped! On the contrary I once adorned a Dolce & Gabbana initialed belt buckle and thought I was the dog's even though it made me look like the WWE champion! It was the hast of my youth though later on down the line I did understand the error of my ways! Getting back to the analysis I thought it was lazy for Amir to choose a black tie and black shoes with the colour choice of suit. With the weather being so good the opportunity was there to get stuck into some colour. If only Amir would've checked on what the boys were wearing at Pitti for a bit of inspiration or given me a bell. Wayne Rooney brought the footballers knot along and lost all his points earned for his suit and shirt choice. God I hate a footballers knot! To be fair it wasn't too bad compared with the knots I've seen him and his fellow professionals have on display before. And finally congrats Andy on becoming Wimbledon Champ but that doesn't give you immunity from getting singled out. The tux may have been Burberry but the way it's being worn it could well have been high street rental. Sorry gents nothing personal just some old fashioned constructive criticism.









No comments: