Thursday 17 October 2013

An evening down the Row

I spent last Thursday evening in the company of some seriously dapper chaps all in the aid of the Savile Row Association and Chivas Whiskey's partnership launch. The highlight of the evening was seeing my style guru Tom Stubbs perform a masterclass in sartorial styling. Using nine of the Row's finest dressing nine varying six foot pretty boys, Mr Stubbs came up with a presentation that combined traditional heritage with a modern infusion with a touch of Tom's witty humour. 


Along with Mr Stubbs in his Thom Sweeney,  Dave and Georgie were fitting it out for best dressed.
George brought the roll neck, David brought the three piece. Honours even.


Here's what I brought to the table that evening. Thought I'd go DB with some burgundy cords and my trusty Russell & Bromley "Chelsea" lace ups. Went with all the boys done up which a few people queried. Think its different to a two button single, yes contemporary fashion has broke a lot of age old dress rulings but when it comes to the DB I think it's best to go with what you feel. I did.







No comments: