Sunday 6 October 2013

GQs Best Dressed 2014 short list

I've just seen the GQ short list for the best dressed man of 2014 and there's a few blokes who should feel a little hard done by compared to a few of the names that are in the selected 100 plus. Firstly I think Douglas Booths a bit unlucky. His style used to be the "trendy hipster" that Harry Styles is churning out at the moment. But in the last year he seems to have gone up another gear. I loved the longer hair and the contradicting gruff against his pretty boy face. Also I'm a fan of his recent shorter do and the Velvet DJ he wore to last months GQ man of the year award. As I mentioned at the time he was one of the best dressed at the awards bash. Obviously wasn't noticed? Really surprised Reg Yates isn't in the list also? Ok he has a stylist cousin and a hook up with some top drawer designers including Casley-Hayford but his modern luxe direction should have been noted. Over looked was a guy I've always thought has had style; Mr Dave Berry. Co-owner of a tailors with a growing reputation October House. Berry should've of been recognised for his consistent deployment of good tailoring. Not always easy presenting a radio show from 5am. Seeing Paddy Grant and Ozwald were picked for the designers corner, I'm shocked my current style inspiration ( more on the subject in a future post) Nick Hart isn't in the collective. 

Not an easy short list to make but I'm a little shocked these gents aren't involved when a certain few ( I Will keep that opinion to myself) are. Well done to the nominated. Think the Gandy's gotta finally win the coveted accolade of Britain's best dressed man this year.








  

No comments: