Wednesday 13 November 2013

Meeting Mr Mark Powell

This past week I had the pleasure of meeting with a maverick tailoring hero of mine; Mr Mark Powell. I dropped by his Soho residency to interview him for MFM and had a good old chin wag where he gave his hearty, honest opinion on the industry and a few people in it without holding back! A fair bit of what Mark said will stay just between myself and him lets just say. Thats what I loved about chatting with Mark, he was straight up and told it how it is which is pretty refreshing within this sometimes false men's fashion bubble. He actually told me in no certain terms that a certain fellow who I did admire within the industry was a c... Umm well not a nice chap. Should of taken Mr Powell's word for it as yesterday I received a rather obnoxious, rude reply in an email from the man in question that clarified Mark's character reference! 
Won't say too much about the interview as it's going to be part of the debut digital version of www.mensfashionmagazine.co.uk/ which is due to launch on January 20th. I will of course keep you updated.

Unfortunately due to being too in grossed into what Mark was talking about I forgot to take any stylish snaps inside Marks showroom which was full of amazing pieces from his tailoring examples to his gorgeous bespoke shoe range. Check out these bad boys that Sir Bradley Has just picked up.
Mark is one of the sharpest tailors around. He is a rarity in the sense that he is a stylist with the skills and eye of a tailor and that's his appeal. His creative flair and style with tailoring nowse has got him a client book which has the names Weller, Bowie and Jagger to name only a few! On the day he was rocking a beautiful electric blue three piece with a rounded tab collar, knitted tie with tie pin. Accessoried with a dandy pocket watch and wearing a killer pair of frames I almost had a Wayne and Garth "I'm not worthy" moment! Luckily I kept it cool!

No comments: