Friday 15 November 2013

My Adidas rant

Time to talk sneakers. Not saying I'm the biggest sneaker-head around but I do have a few Adidas in the locker (36 pairs to be exact- check my Instagram for reference @danielrhone). Now my problem with Adidas is apart from my undying loyalty to the three stripes which I can't pull away from (don't ask! I think I like the discipline of only being able to purchase from one brand like its a sort of game testing my sense of style choice within the available range). This is where the problem begins. I have a real issue with the lack of competition when going up against the modern tech sports profile of the Nike "Roshe" or "Flyknit". There's no denying especially that the "Roshe" is one of the best looking profiles around with its minimal detail and modern infusion but Adidas as rounded as their originals range is have had no credible answer. Unfortunately for the poor sales assistant working at Adidas no.6 store in Carnaby St she felt the full force of my rant as I picked up the "boost" and "adipure" as examples of Adidas poor competition as they've tried blending modern performance trainers into their originals umbrella. Bless her she didn't really understand but it did feel good to air my frustration! I hope the design boys in Berlin have something in the locker?? To be continued....
     Regardless of leaving empty-handed, the No.6 store is definitely worth a visit you sneaker heads.
                                           The Nike 'Roshe' - Damn you Nike!
                 
The Adidas 'Boost'. Performance runner moved over to the lifestyle range - poor effort I'm afraid
                       Even the Beck's can't make these work. Well ok maybe a little bit..


No comments: