Monday 13 January 2014

GQs best dressed man: Nick Grimshaw - My opinion

Sorry this is a bit late coming. Was going to leave it alone but felt compelled to voice my opinion. My thought is shouldn't the list be changed to 'best dressed man by another woman or man' ie the stylist? This is what bugs me slightly. Literally half that list more than likely didn't have a clue or an interest in mens fashion until their management team got a stylist involved. Don't get me wrong no matter how well dressed or stylish we think we are we've all had a bit of direction along the way. I know I have and I continue to learn and take inspiration off others. My problem is having the passion to want to dress well in the first place. Actor Martin Freeman shares my opinion and recently was quoted in embrassingly An interview for GQ online.
Listen I'm not going after Grimshaw or wanting to sound bitter and jealous of the amazing menswear that is at his disposal now.. Ok maybe a little bit. No seriously good luck to him. Both himself and his PR team have played the game very well. 

I remember a few years ago Esquire magazine both in the U.S. and the U.K ran a competition for best dressed man in the country that anyone could enter. I wouldn't mind seeing that re-introduced as the amount of guys especially that I see in London have an amazing sense of style and dress. Bloggers, buyers and many in the men's fashion industry dress to impress on a daily basis. It's their life and they live and breathe it. Maybe an idea for my editor....

No comments: