Monday 26 September 2011

"whats it all about"...

 At the weekend I watched possibly my all time favourite movie, Alfie staring the awesome Jude Law. And what may surprise you guys is I think the story sucks!! The reason for me making that statement is its as stylish as hell for which I'll explain...
 Set in down town New york city, Alfie Elkins explains his reason for crossing the pond as having the dream of striking gold and having an endless supply of women which you've got to admire right?! For me its all about Alfie's style ethos and how it makes the film. Even in the opening credits when the camera is scowering through his humble digs, you can see a smythson blondes, brunettes and red heads address book and aqua de parma colonge just showing how stylish this chracter is.
 I love this look in this scene where he has a sharp grey two button on, rayban avaitors and in hand the latest mens fashion magazines walking down the streets of Manhattan.
 This is how you wear a slim suit,shirt, tie combo. Not over doing it with a pocket square or a tie clip letting the contrast shirt and tie paired with the suit do the rest!
 I also love this part of the film when Alfie and Sienna Miller's chracter hit it off as she is his equal when it comes to fashion and style.
I've been thinking of re-creating this dress down look, I absolutley love it! Suede jacket, white vest and tailored trousers.

No comments: